Association of Finnish Travel Agents AFTA
The Association of Finnish Travel Agents (SMAL / AFTA) is a consortium of over 170 travel agencies, tour operators and incoming agencies that drives its members’ interests in relations with public authorities, legislators as well as in the field of domestic and international organizations. Total sales of SMAL / AFTA member companies in 2015 was amounted to over 1.9 billion EUR, which is about 95 % of the sector’s total sales in Finland. SMAL / AFTA members employ at home and abroad a total of about 2500 people.
Founded in 1940, the trade association’s international member network now includes more than 100 other travel and tourism companies and entities such as transport companies, accommodation providers, domestic and foreign tourism offices, travel and tourism industry educational institutes, travel consultants, travel media and technology companies.
MATKA Nordic Travel Fair, Northern Europe’s largest travel and tourism event is commissioned by AFTA.
The benefits of being an AFTA member
- Be part of a trust-based network together with all significant travel companies in Finland
- Counseling in questions concerning law and taxation issues
- Visibility in the member roster and the AFTA website
- Access to our annual meetings and events which are an excellent opportunity for connecting and meeting people
- Educational events for reduced price
- Possibility of joining the MATKA travel fair in our joint stand
- Possibility to join the AFTA Rail&Road/Sea show as an exhibitor (an annual exhibition tour with 40 other exhibitors in four different cities)
Application for associate membership:
For more information about our services and membership, please contact our office firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +358 9 4133 3500
List of full members
List of associate members